Portland Webworks has just been named as one of the 2013 Best Places to Work in Maine. The awards program was created in 2006 and is a project of the Society for Human Resource Management, Maine State Council and Best Companies Group.

This statewide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Maine, benefiting the state's economy, its workforce and businesses. The 2013 Best Places to Work in Maine list is made up of 60 companies in two size categories: 47 small/medium companies (15-249 U.S. employees) and 13 large companies (250+ U.S. employees).

Companies from across the state entered the two-part process to determine the Best Places to Work in Maine. The first part of the process, worth approximately 25% of the total score, consisted of evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, and demographics. The second part, worth the remaining 75% of the score, consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined totals determined the top companies and the final ranking.

Portland Webworks will be recognized and honored at the Best Places to Work in Maine awards ceremony on October 10th and will be profiled in a special publication by Mainebiz. The final rankings will be announced at the event.

Partners endorsing the Best Places to Work in Maine program include: Mainebiz, the Maine State Chamber of Commerce, the Maine Department of Labor, Maine HR Convention, the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development. For more information on the Best Places to Work in Maine program, visit www.BestPlacestoWorkinME.com or contact Jackie Miller at 877-455-2159.