The Portland Webworks blog has been a little quiet since January. This is because we've been busy launching a new blog, Publicus, on the GovWebworks site.
What is Publicus? The word Publicus is from the Latin for "what is done for the sake of the state." This blog aims to help all of us in the public sector to provide better online services.
Who is GovWebworks? GovWebworks is an operating division of Portland Webworks. Our mission is to provide government agencies with innovative solutions for service discovery and delivery. Because not only do accessible, user-centric online tools make communication easier for agencies, they make life better for citizens.
Every month, we post articles about the creative solutions we've seen employed to improve online service discovery and delivery. Sometimes they're projects we've worked on ourselves, or they might be good ideas we've learned from other agencies and vendors.
We also send out a monthly First Tuesday Roundup e-newsletter with latest posts, please join us by adding your email to the blue box.
Our invitation to you
- Check out the articles on Publicus.
- Email us about the issues your agency is currently facing.
- Let us know what you think in the comments section of the blog.
- Follow us on Twitter to broaden the conversation.
- Contact us to schedule a free consultation.
- Sign up for the First Tuesday e-newsletter.
Latest articles from Publicus
- Why Quality Assurance Shouldn’t be an Afterthought
How to integrate quality assurance from the beginning and avoid "Waterfall within Agile"
By Diane Bienkowski
- Four Cs for Flawless Agile Business Requirements
How to craft flawless business requirements for high-pressure projects
By Alison Schestopol
- How to Use Digital Communications to Build Citizen Engagement
It's a mobile world, after all
- Why We Need a Customer-Centric Revolution
How the public sector can increase citizen satisfaction online
- How to Get the Most Out of Scrum Meetings
Why missing a meeting can mean missing a deadline
By Sarah Crossman
- Wireframes are More Than Greeking Text and Gray Boxes
How a better understanding of wireframes can speed up the web design process
By Hellen Fitzpatrick
- Content Blues During Website Development?
Simplifying content migration, so you can focus on the things that matter during a redevelopment project
By Caroline Casals
Thanks for reading, email us and tell us what you think!